Stay safe in a crisis
If you are in distress, ask yourself
"What can I do to keep myself safe?"
- Remove anything I could use to hurt myself.
(Or ask someone else to).
- Ask someone to stay with me, or check in on me.
- Make it harder for myself to travel.
(Give keys or travel card to a trusted person).
- Go somewhere that I feel safe or where there are lots of people.
- Put any alcohol out of sight.
Make this plan your own
Safety planning when you are feeling ok is a great way to look out for yourself. To be effective, a safety plan needs to feel do-able and be focused on your needs.
To create your own safety plan in this app, or view one you have already created, you need to be logged in.
If you're struggling, focus on
"What can I do to get through the next few minutes?"
- Listen to my favourite music.
- Try a relaxation technique.
- Connect with someone who’s good for me.
- Remind myself that my intense and overwhelming feelings won’t last forever.
- Brush my teeth.
- Go for a gentle walk.